Friday, November 14, 2003

Happy Bithday Ira ( a cake made of love just for you)

Sometimes I sit here and just wonder where time went off too. How did it speed up so fast? Sigh………..
This year my son turned 24. This year my grandson turns 20 years old.
Breath. Crissy and remember you were young once too :)
I could sit here and write about all those feelings that go through my mind having a son in the navy these days isn’t easy. But then I am not alone.
Instead I want to speak of the good things that have happened and how much I appreciate them.
Ira turned 24 this year. It was his 4th Birthday away from home. With out his family near him or around him or there to share the moment with him.
I took the plunge and asked for a card to be created for him on line and I was totally amazed not only was it made for him but it was up and running in a matter of mins. What ever it took for the creator of the card to do the job. At first I thought ok this is nice I may see a few signatures and well wishes out of this for him. But then the next day I went in and looked around to ck it all out see how it was going ...make ready to print it out and place it in the mail.
I sat looking at the puter in total tears as I viewed the sigs in there ...all the not only happy birthdays but the thanks for serving our country… our nation. That was going on in there. I was floored by the total outpouring of love over my son in there. And I still am.
His card will be late this year but it’s going to be well worth the wait. You see when I finally printed it out there were 15 pages to it all. 84 sigs some of which were from people pouring out there hearts for our troops. It took them the better part of a week to finish signing his card on line :) family, friends of his and others that know only me lined up and stuffed my email box full of another signature has been added to your card. :)
When I put this one together there well be a total of 24 pages to send to him :) yes there is the one on the mm’s site too to add( 5 pages ) to it along with two other separate pages of personal wishes too.
Most of the sigs were from people who know me, know of him, don’t know him but wish him well.
This year I saw a special cake being baked on line just for him. And I am one very grateful mother for all of it and that much more richer in knowing someone out there not only thinks of him on his one special day but also thought about all of our troops no matter where they are through him.
This year I saw a cake made out of pure love made just for my son :)
This year I saw a cake made out of the love from our own for our troops :) just for him. :) Along with wishes from countries far away tooJ:)
WHEREVER YOU ARE MY SON I WISH YOU THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. :)
As i know also that so many think of you and wish you well too:)

Crissy in Alaska J


Fishing trip slide show ( one of four)

Fishing trip slide show (two)

Fishing trip slide show ( three)

Fishing trip slide show ( four)