Saturday, October 04, 2003

ducks in the tub
papa had gone out duck hunting and got some ducks. but this time when he came home his back went out on him so instead of saying he got ducks it was time for us to take him to the hospital. they kept him there in traction for a few days until he was well enough to send home.
during his stay he called home and said go out to the truck and get those ducks out for me ok pluck them and skin them and put them in the fridge or freezer for me please. ok not a problem I will send Pauline out right now for those ok. papa continues to talk and Pauline goes out to the truck to get the ducks. only she comes back in and says no way I am doing this sorry. but says nothing about what is going on. so papa getting upset says ok send ira out to fetch them for me. so I tell ira to go out there and get those ducks Pauline goes off to her room. pretty soon I hear ira yelling for me to come here. I yell back ira just bring them in there ok and put them in the sink. he said I cant ma you got to come see this. so I go to the door and take a look see. papa has hung up the phone and is gone doing his what ever. I stand on the porch and look down at ira who is holding a live duck. that is flapping its wings in his face and he is hanging on for dear life and only about 8 yrs old. he said ma there alive. I looked at ira and said no cant be papa shot them all. he said nope ma all three of them are alive !!! I grab the phone call papa back and tell him well good news is your ducks are ok now bad news is none of them are dead there all alive and well !!!!!! papa said they cant be I shot them. nope papa there all alive. what do I do now? he tells me to finish his job and kill all of them ring there necks. LOL meeeeeeeeee???????? nope not me!!!!!!! I tell him no I cant do that. I don't have that kind of heart. he said where are they I tell him ira took them all out and put them in the bathtub and he wants to keep them as pets. LOL well papa called a fiend of his and he came over to see what was going on and take care of it I was thinking he would take them away alive and maybe turn them loose. he shut the door came back out said ok all is well. and left. ira and I went in and found the bodies laying on the bathroom floor. it was so sad. but over and done nothing we could do. sigh.

Fishing trip slide show ( one of four)

Fishing trip slide show (two)

Fishing trip slide show ( three)

Fishing trip slide show ( four)